Normal Usage Information
Today is forecasted to be a normal electric use day, which means no special energy-conservation measures are necessary. Still, Crow Wing Power encourages members to find ways to conserve energy in their homes every day.
- Join the more than 1,400 members on Cycled Air and save 50% on cooling costs.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Install ENERGY STAR® CFL or LED bulbs in as many light fixtures as possible.
- Purchase ENERGY STAR® appliances and home electronics.
- Wash laundry in cold water using cold water detergent.
- Turn off or unplug appliances you are not using, especially when you are away for a few days.
- Clean or replace furnace filters at least once each month.
- Make sure you have your computer's energy-saving feature turned on
- Sign up for one of our Controlled Electric programs.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Place child safety plugs in unused outlets to stop air flow through the outlet holes.
Thank you for your help conserving energy today!